Business Lawyers Parramatta
Top Rated Business Lawyers Parramatta
How can our Business Lawyers Parramatta help you?
Our Business lawyers Parramatta can assist you with important parts of your business including forming a company, mergers and acquisitions, shareholder rights, and property issues such as leasing offices or warehouse space. We effectively assist business owners to start, grow and close businesses – affordably. We provide legal advice/consultation, business contracts, and dispute resolution/litigation.
Although the role of business lawyers Parramatta is similiar to the role of commercial lawyers Parramatta of a commercial, it is a broad area of law that interacts with many other areas of law such as environmental regulation, real estate, and employment, intellectual property and many other matters.
Some of the main branches of business law that we can assist you with are:
- Advice in regards to business structures including partnerships, trusts and corporations
Legal advice if you are starting, expanding or closing a business
Business name registration
Partnership and joint venture agreements
Buying and selling a business
Guarantees and security documents
Bankruptcy and debt collection
Estate and succession planning
Advice in regard to business management and administration
Employment law including employment contracts, employee rights, unfair dismissal and confidentiality agreements
Copyright and intellectual property law
Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate structure, governance and compliance
Advice in regard to tax law including capital gains tax
Advice for non-profit organisations and charities
Corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures & sales
Lending agreements & the securities market
Employee share & option schemes
Each unique industry will face their own business law issues. Good business lawyers Sydney with experience in your type of business that your company conducts will be able to give you real and practical advice to help you find a solution to your legal issue that also takes business ethics and industry practices into consideration.
A lot of business owners only hire business lawyers Parramatta when it is too late for the lawyer to be much help. Business owners often try to negotiate contracts and sales of goods on their own without knoweldge of the legal requirements under their state. This can lead to cancelled contracts, reduced profits, and sometimes legal penalties if the other party decides to sue.
Instead of trying to navigate the law on your own, business owners should consult reputable business lawyers Parramatta early in the process to ensure your business legal rights are protected.
From Our Clients
We are the leading business lawyers Parramatta for a reason. Ethical, Trusted, Optimum Lawyers Parramatta at your service. Still unsure? We let our reviews do the talking.
“Optimum Lawyers are the best of the best, Dean is remarkable in his skills to navigate through my extremely complex case, I have no regrets with this firm only gratification. I would recommend these guys to anyone who has a serious employment issue just like it did. You will always have a spot in my heart Optimum Lawyers.“
“Wisam and his team are nothing short of fantastic. They are friendly and helpful, always updating their clients with appropriate advice. I highly recommend Optimum Lawyers.“
“Wisam went out of his way to ensure everything was going as smoothly as possible and keeping our interest first. He was responsive and proactive“
Buying a Business
Buying a business is a daunting achievement. We take the stress out of the process with our clear advice, explanations, commercial approach and prompt service.
Wisam is experienced in business transactions ranging from $5,000 to $50 million, across all industries.
We will work with you throughout the process, from negotiations to post completion, or we can jump in at any step of the way as you need. This can include:
- Advising on non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements
- Undertaking legal due diligence and document reviews
- Structuring advice and company registration
- Preparing or negotiating the sale agreement
- Securing restraints for the sellers and their key people
- Advising on the business premises and assignment of the lease
- Employees and transfer of employment
- Negotiating franchise documentation
- Preparing and negotiating shareholder agreements.
Selling a Business
If you are considering selling your business, consulting with our expert team of business lawyers Parramatta in the early stages for a no obligation confidential discussion will help you to get the best outcome on the sale.
We will work with you and your accountant to sort out any potential legal issues and get your business ready for sale, mitigating the likelihood of negotiations failing due to any issues being identified after a buyer is found.
This can include:
- Advising on the terms of your business broker’s agreement
- Preparing non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements to protect your confidential information
- Advising on any existing contracts that might be in jeopardy as a result of a sale
- Managing legal due diligence
- Preparing and negotiating the sale agreement
- Negotiating the assignment of the lease of your business premises
- Advising on employees and transfer of employment.
Our specialist leasing business lawyers Parramatta assist private and public clients in relation to all aspects of retail, commercial and industrial leasing.
We follow a time tested process to make the preparation of your documents seamless and cost-effective. Our team of experienced business lawyers Parramatta will cover all aspects of your particular needs.
Whether you need a simple retail lease, complex agreements for large commercial or industrial premises or high volume leasing work for a shopping centre, our business lawyers Sydney have the experience to assist you.
We can also provide advice on:
- Interpreting the obligations of parties pursuant to leases or licences
- Enforcing the provisions of a lease or licence
- Particular aspects of leasing such as liquor licensing, permitted uses (including existing use rights) and enforcement of securities.
Contracts & Business Documents
We offer fixed price contract review services to enable you to understand any legal risks of a contract before you enter into it, whether it is an employment contract, franchise agreement, licence agreement, lease, construction contract or terms of trade.
Our team of experienced business lawyers Parramatta are experienced in drafting simple and complex contracts, including:
- Confidentiality agreements – sometimes incorporating exclusive dealing periods
- Website and application terms and conditions
- Service and supply agreements
- Business terms and conditions and credit applications
- Franchise agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Building contracts and subcontracts
- Joint venture agreements in relation to business arrangements and property dealings
- Intellectual property licensing agreements
- Hire contracts
- IT contracts
- Distributorship agreements
- Haulage contracts.
Contract Advice and Disputes
While some business engagements and relationships can start out well, issues often arise. Our business lawyers Parramatta can provide pragmatic and prompt advice so that you know where you stand on the issue.
We can also support you from behind the scenes by helping draft your responses so that the other party need not know that you are receiving legal advice.
If the issue needs to be escalated, we are experienced in alternative dispute resolution forums including informal settlement negotiations, mediations, conciliation and arbitration and finally formal litigation. As we specialise in resolving disputes without formal litigation, this means that the vast majority of contract disputes we have handled have not resulted in litigation.
The use of alternative dispute resolution methods enables us to reach suitable outcomes without the added expense and stress that may otherwise be incurred.
While we maintain a focus on dispute resolution, our business lawyers Parramatta are also experienced in managing minor and major litigation matters in the NCAT, Local Court, District Court and Supreme Court.
Not-for-Profit and Charity Law
We work with many local social enterprises, disability charities, health care charities, aged care services, education providers and schools, medical research charities, registered clubs and religious organisations to guide them through the tricky business logistics of starting and running a charity or not-for-profit organisation.
Franchising is a complicated process which involves a person (the franchisor) agreeing to allow another person (franchisee) to operate an existing business system that is controlled by the franchisor, in return for payment of a fee by the franchisee. The business must be operating and associated with a trademark or symbol.
The franchisor provides ongoing guidance, systems and assistance. In return, a payment of periodic fees by the franchisee is required. Our experience in acting for both franchisors and franchisees means that you receive the benefit of our perspectives on both sides of the franchise relationship to set you on solid footing during the relationship.
Services for Franchisors
We work with franchisor clients to establish suites of template franchise disclosure documents and franchising agreements across a range of industries.
We are then able to advise as required as new franchisees are found, or there are legislation changes which impact the terms or disclosure obligations.
Often, issues will arise in the course of the franchise relationship, and we can assist franchisors with:
- Enforcing breaches of the franchise agreement by the franchisee, including acting in court proceedings
- Assisting with dispute resolution and mediation to resolve disputes between the parties
- Defending claims of unconscionable conduct or other breaches of the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Dealing with requests for assignment by the franchisee and documenting the assignment
- Advising on rights following termination.
Services for franchisees
Buying a franchise is different from buying a stand-alone business. You will be entering into a long term agreement with a franchisor to operate a developed process of doing business.
Unlike a stand-alone business, you do not have complete freedom over how the business is operated or sold. You may be left with nothing at the end of the franchise term.
This is the reason it is important that you are clear about the terms of the franchise agreement, and your rights and obligations under the agreement. We can assist franchisees in understanding and negotiating the terms of the franchise agreement, as well as all other legal aspects of the purchase such as business structuring and finance.
Shareholder & Partnership Lawyers
Establishing a business with someone else can often come turn sour due to your vision for the business no longer aligning with them.
We can guide and manage your business relationship from the establishment of your business with structuring advice, including:
- Drafting shareholder or partnership agreements
- Preparing buy/sell agreements, allowing insurance to fund unplanned exits due to death or total and permanent disability
- Shareholder and partnership disputes can be like marriage breakdowns – very personal and very stressful, especially when the shareholders are still trying to operate the business.
When the dispute arises, Optimum Lawyers Parramatta can assist you in negotiating a mutually agreeable outcome, whether through informal settlement conference or through formal alternative dispute resolution processes such as mediation.
If these measures fail to success, Optimum Lawyers are experienced in formal litigation through the Supreme Court and can guide you through the process of litigation, including:
- Providing honest and pragmatic advice
- Managing the conduct of your litigation matter
- Negotiating settlement or appearing on your behalf in Court.